Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm Watch'n You

Ok, here's the upshot of the family meeting . . . the new regime must be enforced and reinforced (the unfun part). Grrrrr, that means I get on my broom and fly around the house. Scott and I are beginning to sound like drill instructors - barking orders and pointing out violations. Maren recently informed me that "I am the worst mother in this town, and in this state, and in this country, and the worst mother on all the planets." That's vicious.

The girls have started doing their own hair, which makes the mornings a little less hectic, but it also means that we have hair stuff EVERYWHERE! Assortments of rubberbands, headbands and clips litter our bathroom counter and beyond. The stuff is glued to the counter due to the gallons of hair spray that Maren uses. Wow! I am starting to sound a little naggy - maybe I am the meanest mom!

By the way, any suggestions for an absolutely adorable yellow lab that has taken to rolling in cow dung? He smells terribly rank and has a greenish tint.

2 comments:

Family Fun said...

I am looking forward to the day N does her own hair. She now combs it herself...takes FOREVER! Now that you pointed out all the mess that goes along with independence, maybe I am fine with doing her hair a bit longer. There are plenty of nights I go to bed wondering if I handled a situation appropriately. Amazingly enough, the kids wake up and still love me, maybe even more amazing...I still love them!! I haven't been called out yet, but that day is coming, I just need to foresight to handle appropriately. Way to hang in there and be tough. Love isn't always easy. The dog fiasco...apparently rubbing his nose in it is what he wants, so that won't work.

KathyH said...

Oh Lisa...you make me laugh! Although I never did the hair thing much I can identify with being the worst Mom ever!!

One of the little boys in our Wednesday mtg said he wanted to learn how to obey his Mom and Dad now so that he could learn how to obey God better. Beautiful.

Hang in there!