Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sticky Fingers

As I was on the way out of my parent's home the other day, I snagged these three sifters and stuck them under my coat. My mom has hundreds (no joke) - and surely wouldn't miss a few. She commented when visiting at Christmas that she has the same ones. "Really?" I said in my most convincing tone, trying to hide my slightly mischievous grin. I am just "borrowing" for now and will return them when she sends me an "overdue" notice.


Hoping for frozen precipitation

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Once again I have to say that I LOVE your decor! :) Wondering....do you have any good curtain ideas for a rustic house? I *think* I know what I'm going to do....but would love to hear your ideas.

CabinFever said...

I'm not a curtain expert - but rustic style I might be able to do. Are they decorative or functional? Are they full length or valance length? What room of the house and what colors are you working with? Can't promise anything magnificent, but I'll think about it:)

Janelle said...

They would be decorative and full length for the dining room and living room. The rooms are painted a light gold/yellowish color and I was thinking of doing a dark red/gold combo. The kitchen is painted a red adobe color that I like too, which would be an option. Maybe I should take a picture and send it to you... Thanks for thinking about it. I'm so slow with decorating, by the time I finally get the house the way I want it, we'll probably move again. Ha! :)

CabinFever said...

Rustic style just begs for red I think, and I love yellow (or mustardy yellow with red. If your furniture doesn't have much of a pattern, I would go for a bold print in the curtains, but otherwise you have to stick to a coordinating fabric. To save myself some hassle, I have bought curtains already made in a solid color and added panels of a printed fabric to the top or bottom, using trims to dress it up. I think I have your phone # - I'll try to give you a holler and we can chat.