Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Heart of the Home

This used to be the toy corner, and we are down to a small basket of toys - hooray! I was forever throwing things in this corner that had strayed to the far corners of the house. The girls love to sit here and color - something Sten always thought of as torture.

The great room - minus the scaffolding!
Someday we'll have a fireplace, but it hasn't been
at the top of the "to do" list or the "save for" list, I should say . . .


Since everything is cleaned up and looking sharp, I thought I would take a few pics. The kids have been gone for a few days, and it's amazing how clean (and quiet) the house stays. Aaahhhh.

The pantry

You guessed it, the dining area

5 comments:

Didge said...

So you still have that ugly sign in the kitchen. I think you really need to get rid of that. You know, put it in the mail to here or something since scrap metal has decreased in value over there so much.

CabinFever said...

Yeah Sister, stand in line ... it's one of my worldly posessions that I very much cherish.

jessica said...

where is the clock by the patio door?!! that was always the first thing you were going to put back up!

CabinFever said...

Well. . . we had to move that hutch in and that would've made the clock nearly to the ceiling - so we HAD to move it.

Didge said...

All right, stop now before we are all green with envy at how good you are at arranging things in cute little corners that just invite you to sit down and color too (I hated that too Sten, don't worry!) It looks GREAT Lis, love you decorator's touch. If I lick the sign, will that mean it's mine? Like we used to do with the brownies to keep the other from taking them? Didn't really seem to be effective tho. Maybe I need to think of something else.