Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Transformation Station

What crazy person would've bought an entire kitchen of these ugly cupboards? That would be us. A Craigslist special for 250$, and we were thinking that we'd found ourselves a bargain . . .

A LOT of elbow grease to degrease these 70's beauties. With the help of a pressure washer, one box of TSP, 2 coats of paint and a distress and faux treatment - they are awesome . . .

A little crafty/sewing area - I guess I'll have to paint those other doors red-ish too.

This is the kitchen area in the basement - we'll have to do a bit of modification, and of course, throw in a few appliances - but I just HAD to take an "after" shot. Obviously things aren't set, but we're getting closer! One thing that's great about these older cabinets is that they are made so well, they are fairly indestructible - I need to darken those top two drawers a bit more as well.

2 comments:

Didge said...

I was hoping the first picture wasn't going to be the 'after' or I was going to seriously question your taste. It looks great.

shirleyjean said...

Looks good. One of those "Had to be there situations." I will come and view them in person tomorrow!
Happy Graduation for Stennie.