Thursday, November 19, 2009

I see Pilgrims


I love Thanksgiving and feel that it barely gets a nod between the mega-commercialized Halloween and Christmas seasons. I asked Maren's teacher if she would like me to help out with an art project or two before the Holiday. So, I went with my bag of tricks today and the Mayflower ship tucked under one arm.
Hmmm, I'll give you a hint - Indian Corn

This was my version of the Mayflower-I don't think that this is a sea-worthy vessel (or even bathtub worthy). Unfortunately, while I was wielding the jig saw and merrily sawing away - I cut one of the sails clean off. Scott was standing there and questioned my design as soon as I shut the saw down. I asked him to holler at me if I goofed again. Yeah - he had to holler just a few minutes later - nothing that a little wood glue and a "c" clamp wouldn't fix. Oops!


2 comments:

shirleyjean said...

So it looks like again you spent sometime with Maren and her "HORRIBLE" teacher. What an awesome mother you are. Kind of a chip off the ol' block! hmmm

Didge said...

I love your ideas and your devotion to my favorite holiday! Go turkey day! And tiny pilgrims! And goofy sisters with good ideas! And sharp saws! And c-clamps! And c-sections! Cross off the item that doesn't belong.