Thursday, November 12, 2009

No Oink Oink, but an OUCH!

Well, we took our place in line today for the H1N1 vaccination. Mr. Johnson was the mastermind behind the serpentine line we stood in for nearly 3 hours. About 1 1/2 hours into our wait, I thought the finishing point was just beyond a set of doors. Turns out that just led to another long line - sort of reminded me of Disneyland - where they deceive you by "hiding" a portion of the waiting thrill seekers, or in this case, victims.

The kids were set to get the nasal application, but they ran out of it earlier in the evening, so we had no choice but a dreaded shot. Milah and Sten weren't thrilled with the idea, but endured it with a flinch. However, their little sister Maren sure made a scene! It took Sten and I to hold her arms and then when she reached up to start kicking, another nurse had to be called for back-up. Oh, there was a bit of screaming involved too - YIKES!! The worst part is that she has to get a "booster shot" in 4 weeks. I think that I'll let Scott take her for that one! Until then, we hope that all the waiting and hassle hasn't invited Sir Swine into our pig pen!

3 comments:

Didge said...

Disneyland was at least a lot more fun. I like that you changed your background but forgot to post some recent pictures of my nephew and neices or is it nieces, can't decide which one is right. Help, I have been out of english for too long. Pretty soon I will start writing things like 'there' dog was a black lab. Or 'kin' you tell me what your name is. Or would you please 'right' me a letter more often. Parlez vous aussi franglais? Yikes.

CabinFever said...

I hear that you're feeling a little wimpy - not the dreaded pork chop is it? We haven't done anything too exciting or picture-worthy, just a string of ordinary days. I did get your message last week - will try to give you a call tomorrow.

Twila said...

No baby yet. :-(