Friday, March 11, 2011

Some serious Coinage

So I was searching the web for the perfect master bedroom bedding as I am helping a friend decorate a model home. I wanted a pleasant mix of feminine and masculine, in the grey family. Ah Hah! I spied the ideal ensemble on (hold your breath) Neimen Marcus. It was an exquisite combination of toile and ruffles with a smattering of geometric shapes and cozy yumminess. I was eager to begin placing items in my virtual shopping cart. HOWEVER, a quick glance at the prices squashed my enthusiasm. After totaling the items as shown in the picture, I fell to the floor gasping for breath. They were asking 4500.00 for the bedding! The little neckroll pillow was 365.00 - UN-BE-LIEVABLE. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that I had foolishly spent such a ridiculous amount of money. I guess I'm off to Target, Goodwill, and to possibly do a little dumpster diving.

3 comments:

amydee said...

Oh to be able to work with an unlimited budget!!

amydee said...

I just noticed your poll. I confess I check your blog first and leave it open through all the rest of my blog-hopping and enjoy the tunes. I'm too lazy to put together my own list and I like what you've chosen.

CabinFever said...

I once spied a consultant at Ethan Allen sitting with a customer who had her house plans open on the desk and they were merrily picking out furniture for each room. Although a small part of me envied her - she has no idea how good it feels to find the perfect thing on Craigslist for a fraction of the cost or the thrill of finding a treasure on the curb . . .