Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Garage Sale Finds

I have come to the conclusion that in order to make a profit transforming furniture or reselling trinkets, you must buy them at garage sales. Thrift stores are too blasted expensive. So, a friend and I have "hit" a few sales lately . . .

I grabbed this little bench for 3$. It was one of those sales where the odor of cat and dog "business" welcomes you at first whiff. The filthy children run like orphans and you feel like bathing in instant hand sanitizer when you head back to the car. You know the scene.






A fresh coat of paint and traces of its former life have disappeared







I have an itty bitty thing for ladders. They look great as a nightstand holding books, an alarm clock, and a flashlight. Beside a front door, they are adorable with a plant, a sign of some kind (of course), and a seasonal item. This rickety ladder needed a little some shabbying, so we dry brushed it a blue/gray color. (Milah and Maren helped on this one cuz it's a quick and dirty paint job) Now this 2$ wonder is ready for it's new home.





During the process, I somehow managed to get stung in the lip, giving me a natural botox injection. Wish my full lip made me look like Angelina Jolie, but I resemble Popeye. I grabbed a Benedryl on an empty stomach which made me real loopy - not sure I would be able to walk a straight line or touch my finger to my nose at this point.


2 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Such a difference a coat of paint makes! These pieces have fresh new looks! Thanks for linking up at WhisperWood Cottage! :)

Didge said...

ha you goof. Angelina doesn't hold a candle to you anyway.