Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sunny Saturday

Sniff Sniff. What is it about that first mowing of the season? It smells yummy and triggers visions of sunshine, flowers, picnics, swimming and mosquito bites. The girls couldn't resist the urge to play barefoot in the freshly mowed grass.
Don't know if you are familiar with Real Deals, but it is an inexpensive and unique source for home decor. They are only open 2 days/week and if your frivolous spending envelope is empty for the month - you'd better stay in the car. I couldn't resist this metal tin with scalloped lid, chalkboard surface and distressed wooden knob - it was an absolutely essential purchase (home decor is essential - correct?!).
I am helping "stage" a wedding in June. We (the Mr. &I) - plan to build a lemonade stand (he is so excited - errr, maybe not). I am beginning the "collection of items" process and made this sign the other day. There are a bazillion wedding ideas on Pinterest - crazy creative ideas.
The Mr. whacked himself with a hammer today (no- it wasn't while constructing the lemonade stand). He nailed his index finger good (I mean bad). Yowza! His method of relief - heat up a sharp object til red hot . . .
. . . and quickly plunge it through the fingernail to relieve pressure. I cannot watch this procedure. He hollered some and jumped around the room. I closed my eyes and covered my ears. YUCK!
Oh yeah - while he's in the house, he has been rockin' my reading glasses. They are zebra print with rhinestones. He has been known to wear them in public - just saying.

No comments: