Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Creative Streak

 
Sumpin's Gotta Give!  It's a popular phrase that we shout in this house (since Scott uttered it in the middle of a kidney stone attack one night).  This summer, in the chaos that was our lives - the house and the yard obviously suffered.  Barely keeping up on laundry and eating at 11:30 pm were all we could muster.  Decorating was at the bottom of the heap.  As we learn a new "normal", I feel my creative self emerging from hibernation . . .    
 
I was sick of looking at the same old things and hadn't completely removed the seasonal items since the "storm" hit.  Easter Bunnies look cute in April - but horribly out of place in October.  A little inspiration struck . . .
 
 
 
It struck at TJ Maxx Home Goods.  If you can't get inspired there - Honey, you ain't gonna!  I had 2 hours to kill before my invoices were done at the print shop.  Two hours in TJ Maxx - no problemo, amigo!  I tried to talk myself out of those large gears, but I just wasn't persuasive enough.  Once home, I did a little "shopping" in each room to complete my masculine mantlescape.  
 

 
One of my favorite treasures is the red metal box that formerly contained a saw.  I swiped the Ford hubcap out of Sten's room and I love old Boraxo tins because they remind me of Uncle Stan.

 
It's my Tribute to the workin' man . . .  you know the kind.  We have a couple that hang around here.  They're kinda lovable but they ain't the cleanest bunch.


Take a whiff - I bet you can smell grease mixed with a hint of B.O. 
  

1 comment:

Gary VDB said...

Enjoyed your blog again - Gary