Monday, January 5, 2009

Ahhh, our own beds!

We've arrived safely home and I should really take a picture of our living room since we have emptied the entire contents of the camper on the floor. Our poor laundry room is going to get some abuse tomorrow. I didn't do so well at taking pictures the last few days - but I am putting my poet's hat on and will try to tell you about it soon. We went 4300 miles and visited 11 states. We could've spent much longer at each place, but it just gives us something to look forward to . . .
We're certainly not NASCAR fans, but this famous speedway was just off the freeway in Alabama. The facility is immense, and Scott was amazed at all the portable toilets stacked, ready for use. We actually HAD to take pictures of portable toilets, but I'll spare you the excitement. Apparently it can hold 145,000+ people. Not my idea of a fun way to spend the weekend - sitting on hard bleachers with thousands of other people watching loud cars go in circles for hours.

Mrs. Johnson - piled with urchins - her favorite thing.


Mr. Johnson - cleaning his residence. Nice digs for an RV pad at the landfill!


Mark and "his" Shelly

Maren didn't believe that "our" Shelly even knew Mark. And she really didn't believe that Shelly had babysat Mark when he was younger.

Tanner and Conner

Sunset on the Atlantic?! Yes - at Hilton Head, SC

3 comments:

Didge said...

You covered a lot of ground! What a cool trip..I have loved keeping up with you this way. It would be a challenge getting all of the piles back in their place...that is the worst part about a trip. Good thing it comes all the way at the end and now the urchins go back to school and you are at a blissfully empty and quiet house all alone...ahhh!

amydee said...

Funny about the photos of porta-potties. Guess what kind of pictures we have oodles of????

Jeanne said...

Lisa it has been fun to follow your trip!! When I read "you are home"....I thought oh good I'll see her at special meeting tonight. :-( opps...home is Colorado right now...not Sweet Home Oregon. I'll miss you!!
Love,
Jeanne Davison