Friday, January 23, 2009

The Sights and Smells of Home

Load #2. Scott had a "back haul" to Colorado. My Uncle purchased this boat in OR, and needed to get it to his home in CO. What perfect timing as Scott was heading that direction. He is loaded up now and hoping to head West today or tomorrow - hopefully managing to dodge the pending snow storm.
The view from our house - Mt. Jefferson is in the distance. At our house in COS, we could see King Sooper, a hospital, and Lowes from the kitchen window. After being home for a day, Maren mentioned that she couldn't see any hospital from our house - probably because it's about 20 miles away!
It's going to take some adjustment for me - going back to rural living. It was a squeeze to corral these country bumpkins in a subdivision for as long as we did, but - you might hear me whine a bit from time to time . . .


The back of our house - we can't wait to tear into some projects now that Scott is going to be home for a few months. One of the bigger ones to tackle is finishing the basement and organizing our heaping mounds of stuff that we seem to have accumulated.

Appearing out of the fog . . .


Grandma Patty. Wow - it's great to be back with the relatives- they have to like you whether they want to or not! Poor Grandma Patty fell and broke her pelvis this Fall - but she's getting around pretty well.

2 comments:

Didge said...

Ok, second time around to comment, it ate my first one. I forgot how beautiful it is up there. Almost makes me want to hop on the plane, or just be there without having to endure the plane trip would be better! You will just have to excuse the underhanded tactics to bring home to me since I am stuck here for awhile! I can't wait to see OUR floor all finished..Ralph might be checking for tickets too if he hears about Scott's plans to integrate a sauna into the basement. Great idea!

Queen Bri said...

I am pretty sure we saw Scott and his creative caravan today on the Interstate in Denver...(Sat. 1/24). We were driving on I25 and noticed a rig with some very creative packing for travel and then I saw the white truck with Oregon plates. Hope your travels were/are safe and that you enjoyed your time in CO. Its a bummer you had to move back, we had just been talking about trying to have you out to our place. I guess its our fault for taking so long to think of it! Take care!