Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to School!

Maren - blowing me a kiss while leaving. (boo hoo) Today is Maren's first day of 1st grade. (boo hoo) We all know what that means - she is gone ALL DAY. (boo hoo) Anyone that knows Maren, would know that she is an extremely loving child but can also be quite (ahem) challenging. I told Scott that it feels like we should be paying someone to have her for the entire day! (sniff sniff)

Milah has not been too eager to do her own hair - but she came downstairs on the first day of school with her hair fixed. We call this the "Marcia Brady" do - she is very excited for school to start and has had her supplies neatly organized for weeks.

I'm pretty sure that Scott is singing a "Back to School" tune in this picture - Maren and I went shopping and she just HAD to have that poncho -


This is what a high schooler looks like . . . I had to beg him for this one picture and he wouldn't let me kiss him goodbye - hmph!

7 comments:

Didge said...

I can't figure out who he looks like lately. Are you sure he is the same little Scrubby that I knew? The girls look VERY enthusiastic about their school days beginning again. Don't really remember much about school starting except my school bus lunchbox. I would guess that kids don't take lunchboxes anymore?

CabinFever said...

Yes, it's the same Scrubby. We had some people over this weekend and they thought Sten looked EXACTLY like Scott - they are definitely related, but I don't think they look like clones. Yes, the girls both had lunchboxes - but they aren't metal with Snoopy on them.

Growininwillows said...

Life definatly does pass quickly....the kids grow up too fast...I know I will be waiting for the bus in a few years...

CabinFever said...

You are in the stage where one bad night can seem like 10 and a simple trip to the grocery store can turn vile in a hurry. Enjoy it all - wow! I sound like an old lady. I remember picking up three kids at that bus stop many moons ago, one a little red headed girl . . .

Lenaya said...

Myla just HAD to have that same poncho too. =)

Elena said...

I think that was my poncho!!!!....Oh, no mine was red, green, and yellow! :) The kids look as excited as mine. Sten seems a little dazed and confused.

Elena said...

I think that was my Poncho!! :).....No, mine was red, green, and yellow. :) They all look pretty excited and Sten seems a little...confused?