Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scott rented a trackhoe for a month and has put 130 hours on it. I think he dreams up new projects in the night and spends the next day completing them. I'm certain he'll shed a tear when they load it on a trailer and haul it out tomorrow.

A new entrance - I almost drive off the road looking at the improvements. My withered grasses are rootbound and will come to life in a few weeks - they don't look too perky today tho. I planted some Aspens on the backside and am nervous about their invasiveness. We don't want to be pulling them out of our drain field in a few years.

Deep in concentration - trying not to bonk his Dad on the head or knock Mr. J in the water.
Today they constructed a retaining wall in the pond using guard rail that was cut in 7 foot lengths and placed vertically in the water.


Just a little tap to get it to sink in the ground 3 feet.

The dock was used as a barge today. I get to paint the pondside of the guardrail tomorrow - sounds like a job for a prison work crew.