Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pitiful Parenthood

Hmmm, just the other night Sten knew I was headed to the store and he texted me requesting an item. I was directed to the "shaving" section, and was instructed to purchase a certain razor. Ouch! I don't know if they've ever found a mother sitting on the floor in front of the razors with an empty tissue box in her lap, and a glazed look in her eyes. Once upon a time, when I held that gurgling little towhead in my arms, I never pictured this moment. I'm always grateful when I pass the diaper aisle that I don't have to shop there again, but razors??? It's just one step closer into adulthood and one step further from wiping his nose and sitting on my lap getting "cozy". Boo Hoo from pitiful me.

In other news - Maren came home with a paper full of sentences that she had written that said, "I will follow directions." When questioned a little further about this activity, she responded that "She forgot that she wasn't supposed to talk." I think this frequently "slips" her mind.

3 comments:

shirleyjean said...

Grandpa said he has never seen "PEACH FUZZ SHAVERS"! Maybe Google that. Maybe better not.
All in a moment of time these precious days are gone and then they move clear across the world.

Didge said...

Oh my. I will not leave my flute at the mailbox, I will not leave my flute at the mailbox....100 times I think, oh Maren, I can feel with you. The teachers just don't understand us do they?! Tell him to wax it, then he will only have to shave once every three months..takes the fun out of it I guess. I don't dare recount my parenting aches and pains lately, I think I will start looking for a replacement!

Sandra Ramey said...

I absolutely get a kick out of your posts!! So easy to relate to! And better than the Sunday comics!