Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cheap Chic (as in sheek) at it again



BEFORE
Our oldest, non-biological daughter (Susie) has returned to Oregon and is taking up residence at her brother's house. While she was away, I went a little crazy with some paint and decorated her room. Sometimes the ideas rattling around in my head don't work out too well, but I really like this one. My inspiration for the colors came from the duvet cover she chose. Maren is a little bummed - she thinks that Susie's room is so nice that she will never want to spend another night here.




DURING


AFTER


Yeah - we still need to "install" the bedskirt. I found a perfect one at the Goodwill for $5

3 comments:

jessica said...

this is awesome!!!

KatieB said...

Hi, there. I'm new to your blog...sent over by my dear friend Amy S. I love how you painted this room. I have a question for you...is the white paint or did you use moulding?

Looking forward to exploring on here.
Thanks!
K

CabinFever said...

The wall was painted white, so I just used a level and chalk to draw the lines. I didn't use tape because it seems like it always bleeds through. I like to work with paint because it is inexpensive, it can make a HUGE difference and if you don't like it, you can just paint over it. Good luck!