Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Save Your Pennies!

My Dad has a change jar that he has thrown his coinage in each night for 14 years. Because it was overflowing, he took it to be counted. This was no easy task as he had to separate it in 2, 5 gallon buckets (not completely full) to get it to the car. The grand total - $1580.00!! Sten and I guessed the closest, so we were hoping for a cut, but so far our earnings have not been forth coming. I think my Dad figures that I've already had my fair share as I used to dip out of his change jar when I lived at home. Quite impressive - I think I'll go check under our couch cushions.

3 comments:

JoAnn Waldo said...

Lisa,
We had a change jar when the kids were home and it never seemed to get very full, except for pennies and dimes...maybe $100 or so when we would get it to the bank. After the guys left home we had nearly $400 the first time we took it to the bank! Hmmmmmmm quarters tend to add up!

Didge said...

Yes, I suspect there should have been some kind of reward for your guess. I guessed 2,000 so we were way off. Remember when I had to pay you gas money for going to school in the little Honda? I think I gave it to you all in quarters too....maybe some of them were borrowed from the jar too!

Sandra Ramey said...

Thats awesome!