Sunday, December 13, 2009

Farm Boy Sten


Hmmm, looks like Sten's summer job is covered! Sherman became the proud owner of some haying equipment this week and already has his hay crew. This means I will be the official parts runner as I've hardly ever seen an entire field mowed and raked and baled without a few hurried trips to the parts house. I'm begging Sten to wear some overalls and a cowboy hat for a picture on his official business card - so far I'm not having much luck.


Highlights of the weekend include but are not limited to:

I was pulled over by our local city police for failure to use a turn signal when making a left turn from a turn lane. I was mystified when he turned his lights on at what I was guilty of - apparently it was a slow night for crime and traffic violations.


Sten was victorious in his first wrestling meet on Friday and we were hoping the bump he suffered to his eye would turn into a big shiner, but didn't. We slipped home on roads that were covered with freezing rain - it took over 1 hour to go 13 miles! Sten hung his leg out the car door as we crept along - skating the whole way.
The girls had a swim meet on Saturday and Maren discovered that it's important to have your goggles situated BEFORE you dive in the water. She was struggling with them while on the starting block and then spent her freestyle swim with her goggles on upside down and inside out. At one point I thought she was drowning she was flailing around so much. One things for certain, she didn't set any records on that one.

No comments: