Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunny Seattle


Scott and I celebrated our 20th (Wow, 20th!) anniversary with a trip to Seattle. Seattle has never been a dream destination as it is typically pouring and miserable. However, the weather was awesome and it was beautiful . . .

We loaded our little Jeepney in a ferry headed for Bainbridge Island and then went onto Port Angeles. Apparently the 3rd weekend in July is the Lavender Festival in Sequim, and it is on my "to do" list. There are lavender farms dotting the countryside and I'm sure it's impressive (and scenty) when they are in bloom.


What trip to Seattle is complete without strolling through Pikes Place? The ultimate Farmer's Market.





We met up with this character for an evening in West Seattle. Dellas has started his own business, installing blinds and roller shades, most of his work is in Downtown Seattle. He showed us the sights and we enjoyed "catching up" with him

Scott met with several former co-workers and potential customers on this trip. I dropped him off and then quickly explored the area. My mini explorations led me to a few Goodwills, and near the Port of Tacoma, I enjoyed watching this cargo ship being unloaded.

3 comments:

Didge said...

So where is the shot of the bride and groom?! Glad you had a good time. It looks like Seattle was really showing off for you. Reminds me of our trip there years ago with Carol. I'd love to stroll through the market with u!

Shelly Weld said...

Goodwill - please say it isn't so...

CabinFever said...

Oh yeah - found your birthday present, I'm sure you'll love those "new to you" slippers and pj's! No worries, I'll wash them a few times :) :)