Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday Project

While at Habitat for Humanity today, I bought this awesome piece of chippy siding for 50 cents, and couldn't wait to get home and try some hand lettering, specifically an idea I saw here. I've tried these kind of projects before and they never seemed to turn out how I visualized, but I love this!

Belated Birthday present for mi madre. How do I know that she will love it? Well, it seems as though we have the same taste. We can go in a 10,000 sq. ft antique store and fall in love with the same item. I screamed for joy at St Vincents when I discovered this for 5$, and it's even the larger size!

4 comments:

Didge said...

You just told us all that you only spent 5 bucks on your dear mother's present. Cheapskate. Ok, so I think she'll love it too. It is really cute. Better Nate than lever, remember that card?

Unknown said...

She had mentioned that she wanted one beside the garden shed for her hand tools and I'm giving her the grungy bench too - I payed 10$ for that on CL, so I am a big spender!!

amydee said...

Seems like those cheap presents are the best!

shirleyjean said...

I love them I love them! Now how and where to mount the mailbox? The garden door is in place but I will have to come up with something different for the trim? I'm going to have to put a woodstove in there with the weather we are having.
Someone else has a birthday this week. What are we doing?