Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I heart YOU!

Does anyone like this candy? I think it's positively nasty!! Tastes like chalk.

Valentines Day is not complete without conversation hearts tho and they do look festive in a glass dish. Also, at the end of the season, throw them in a bag and save them for next year - it's a once in a lifetime purchase as there is a slim chance that anyone will actually partake.

Now, red hots are a different matter - they are tasty and they look adorable in a glass apothecary dish. My inspiration for this ensemble was from a favorite store in Eugene called Shamrocks. I love frequenting their store mostly to see their fabulous displays and ideas (same with Anthropologie). Oh, Who am I kidding? (turn me loose in there and I could do some serious damage)

Not anymore.
I am being good.
I have been rehabilitated.
I will leave my wallet in the car.

Oh did I mention they have killer sidewalk sales?

Shopping from my cupboards. Red accessories are not hard to come by in this abode.

2 comments:

Didge said...

Oh yeah. They really are gross. But I have to say that i'd probably snitch one or two anyway, just hoping that they had finally done an overhaul on the ingredients. But some things really never change I guess and that pepto-bismol taste will just keep on luring buyers for ages to come. So not only are your hearts gross, they're also stale. Yuck. :)

Sandra Ramey said...

Very nice...love the red stuff! I use red hots for several tasty treats.