Friday, January 21, 2011

A Stylish Snooze

I cannot sleep in the same bedding for more than a few months - don't know if that's a documented sleep disorder or not. I have an "itch" to change as the seasons pass. This is a duvet from IKEA and I got it (will not divulge). Kind-a boring by itself - until a trip to the fabric store.

Cover box spring with fabric. I like to do this if you do not use a dust ruffle - mine is really just a strip of fabric tucked under the mattress. Notice the stray piece of kleenex under the bed.

Add some color! I think I will change the other pillowcase to zebra print as well. And, I'm going to sleep peacefully (for a few months).


Accent pillow made from scraps. I recovered (well, I use the term "recovering" loosely) old pillows instead of buying new ones . . . don't look too close though . . .

She's held together with multiple safety pins! At a baby shower, one of the kids was the "winner" in a don't say the word "baby" game and I have used from that stash of pins for several years.

3 comments:

Amy said...

No wonder you get an "itch" if it takes several months before you change your bedding...I'd say once a week or so is a good schedule to keep...haha couldn't resist! I like the the color combination! Sleep well!

CabinFever said...

I figured that I might get a suggestion like that...

Nothing beats the smell of clean sheets so I wash them frequently just for the pure bliss of crawling into a freshly made bed.

shirleyjean said...

I thought I taught her better than that, Amy. But guess not. On the other had we are remodeling our kitchen. We are taking everything out and it is an eye opener. Thinking of just moving into an "assisted living" place. Dad said he isn't quite ready..