Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stuck in the 70/80's?

If it seems kind-a quiet on here, I have been helping update these two offices lately (obviously these are the before pics). I have been a client in this office and always itched to spring from my chair and start rearranging things and peeling wallpaper. It has been fun to blow in, make suggestions, and let someone else do all the work. After they had the rooms painted, we swooped in to hang the artwork and arrange accessories. What a difference! I will post "after" pics when everything is done

Also, I have been helping my parents as they make decisions about their kitchen remodel. It all started when their range (that is in an island) needed to be replaced. Now it has "sprawled" to include knocking a wall out (thanks for your engineering expertise Uncle Ed), replacing all cabinets and countertops, purchasing all new appliances, and redesigning the space to include a peninsula instead of an island. My father is feeling anxious and physically sick over the cost (could be the colonoscopy too) but I believe he is secretly thrilled about it. He has firmly declared that the creep of remodeling will not continue down the hall and up the stairs.


No comments: