Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Slip Sliding Away


So, I was strolling thru the Salt Lake City airport, searching for the departure gate - when I felt an odd sensation. It was as if my half slip was slipping. Sure enough, I looked down at my feet and my white slip was hanging well below my black skirt. I quickly assessed my options - Hmmm, I could either go in from the top and tug upward or reach in from the bottom and pull it towards the floor. I was too far from the restrooms (to take care of the private matter, privately), so after positioning myself behind a large shrub, I chose the latter method. I half expected some snorts of laughter to break out around me as the offending article puddled at my feet and was stuffed in my purse. Why couldn't this happen at home while I was making dinner? Why must it happen in a crowded airport terminal where the main recreation is people watching? Wish I could say that a recent significant weight loss was the culprit - apparently just a lesson in humility.

1 comment:

Didge said...

OH boy. That is pretty funny. Acually mom sent me a text with the information but unfortunately no photo accompanied the news. The word verification on this one is duresser. Guess that makes you a snazzy duresser.