Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpkin Please

I spied this project on Pinterest and thought it looked simple and failproof. If you are a Tom Clancy fan, please forgive . . . the local used bookstore had these out front for FREE (whoo hoo). There's something rebel like in destroying a book - I let out my rebel yell and tore the front/back covers off. Next I cut the pages to the desired shape - don't even attempt this unless your scissors are sharp. I then glued the spine all the way around a small stick, leaving a "stem" on the top. I rolled the pages in coffee that was left in the pot, and tied a ribbon around the stem. Fanned out the pages and voila! Simple, festive and (nearly) FREE.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this! I'm thinking this is the most I'd get out of a Tom Clancy book myself :)