Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cluck! Cluck!

I have been itching (or should I say scratching?) to make one of these feed sack bags AND, I just happened to spy an empty one on a burn pile recently. As previously mentioned - I am a quick and dirty seamstress, so this was a perfect project for me. I trimmed the bag at both ends and turned down the top once. I gathered a printed fabric and sewed it to the top and made bias tape out of burlap and overlapped the top edge. Made big handles in the print fabric and embellished with a burlap rosette. Then folded in the sides and threw a stitch in the bottom. I think it's stink'n cute - tho I may get some odd looks at the checkout stand.

3 comments:

Marla said...

What an adorable project!! Lovely bag.

Family Fun said...

I love it. The fact that you know how to make bias tape impresses me! Great job. I had fun catching up.

Melody said...

You amaze me with your creative talent Mrs. Weld !!!