Sunday, December 18, 2011

Moment of Truth

Ok, here's the deal . . . Scott and I are, for the most part opposites. He is type A, I (pause) am (pause) not. He is a neat freak, I am so not (can you spot me under this pile?). He is adventurous, I (teeth chattering) like to play it safe. He is lean and wiry, I am fluffy (gotta do something about that). He has chest hair, I (thankfully) do not.

But it works.

Last night, we had an enjoyable evening out. We dined at a restaurant together - chatting, enjoying the companionship, laughter and conversation. We did not talk about the kids (too much) and our menus did not come with a cupful of crayons nor did we have any ketchup with our meal. We explored the aisles of an upscale grocery store together and ended the evening with me driving home and him snoring in the seat beside me (some things never change) -can't you just feel the romance?

Dr. Laura (yes, I like her) believes that one of the keys to a successful marriage is: "Choose Wisely and Treat Kindly". I have to say as I looked across the table at my goofy but lovable mate of nearly 22 years, I gave myself an A+ for making such a wise choice. I'm positive he was thinking the same thing (wink wink).

1 comment:

Melody said...

Love the quote "choose wisely, treat kindly". Good advice and looks you two kids did good. Think you both chose wisely :) Not all of us can say the same but we can be happy for partnerships like yours that do work!! Hugs