Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rustic Retreat Complete

While the kids were sunning themselves poolside
And touring tropical islands, we were busy.
Sten's room was sorely in need of an update. I had painted this faux log wall 8 years ago and it was time for something fresh.
All the walls were painted and we mounted rusty metal awnings above the windows and covered the faux log wall with rusty metal.
The accent walls are dark brown, orange, blue, and green. Argyle fabric is ordered that ties the colors together (I promise) I was wanting a neutral color for the majority of the walls in a brownish/gray tone. Paint is (eek) expensive, so I cruised the shelves at Habitat for Humanity - grabbed 2 gallons that were close to the desired color, mixed them together and voila! Perfect!

The signs will be hung on the metal wall, and the doorway to the secret hideaway will be covered with metal as well. Down the hallway, we finally installed the closet doors that had been in storage for 8 years - no procastinators here, no sir. My plan is to make this so cozy that he never wants to leave home. However, upon his departure, both the girls have called "dibs" on his hip pad.

3 comments:

Lenaya said...

Wow! You WERE busy!!... what a lucky guy. I imagine he deserves something like this, though, after "cruising" with his little sisters for 8 days! ;) He must be a good sport!

Amy said...

I want this room! What a cool layout and the decorating is cool too! Larry needs some of the rusty metal for picture backgrounds!

CabinFever said...

I can drop some metal at your house Amy - all we have left is the really rusty stuff tho. Let me know if you want some