Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The covers are pulled back . . .

Our guest room is complete and I think I just might move in myself, it's so posh . . . especially if there's room service! I want to put a saying on the wall that says, "A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."

Once upon a time, when I was a wee lass - I had the pleasure of staying in many a Motel 6. On the nightstand, between the beds - was one of these devices that jiggled your body in a most uncomfortable fashion. Regardless of how it felt, we always begged Dad for a quarter and I'm sure he always pretended not to have one, just to hear us wimper. I went on a search for such a critter for our guests to enjoy - the first night's on us. After that- you'll have to supply your own quarters.

Your bed awaits . . . oh, did I forget to mention that your roommate is Maren? You might need another quarter . . .


So, I have a soft spot for vintage suitcases . . . now that I have collected them from every corner of the house, it appears that I may need to discontinue procurring these items or seek medical treatment - YIKES! My "sculpture" in the guest room is over 6 feet tall - but can you imagine the stories that experienced luggage could tell?

1 comment:

Didge said...

hey, I think items 1 and 5, counting from the bottom look familiar. Better check next time we come to see if my name is written on the bottom of them. Our room looks very inviting....