Sunday, January 10, 2010

Junior Mechanic

If you'll recall, a few months ago a friend gave Sten a Suzuki Sidekick with a disclaimer that it wasn't in perfect working condition. Sten has discovered that it had a cracked head (sounds painful) and purchased one on Ebay. He plans to install the new one and sell it for his Ford crewcab fund.

Sten amazes me (imagine it, I'm his Mother) with his mechanical knowledge. He is in auto shop class right now and the teacher said that he knows more than any kid he's ever taught at his age. I have to toot Scott's horn on this one, because he's spent countless hours patiently teaching Sten. I used to get so frustrated because Sten would destroy every toy and break things down to the smallest possible pieces (the tires were always the first to go), but I guess if you know how to put things back together, that gives you a license to tear them apart.

1 comment:

Didge said...

I do remember him 'biting' the tires off of all of the little toys he had. Glad to see he has stopped using his teeth to get things apart! It will be handy to have another mechanic in the family other than mom.