Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shopping Alert



Ever been to a United Grocers, Cash & Carry?  They are a kick - gotta find one near you - gotta go.  The adventure begins as you enter the store with the monstrous flat carts they provide.  Take it from me, don't try to push these dudes - pull them.  Don't expect catchy displays - this store caters to those in the food industry who are getting things done.  The small restaurants, the coffee stands, the weekend caterers, the wanna be's and the (dreamers) like me. They have huge walk-in coolers that feel durn good on a hot day and it's fun just to cruise the aisles.  Bet you'll think to yourself - "oh, that's where they get this stuff".  It's difficult to escape without dropping a Benjamin Franklin or two.  I ran in for a few items yesterday and dearly wanted to throw in the red/white waxed paper liners shown above (perfect for summer barbeques).  Instead I spent a few quiet moments in the freezer, mowed over several small children with my massive cart and left the store for under 50 bucks.

1 comment:

amydee said...

Oh yeah the carts! I've made a fool out of myself several times until an employee finally gave me the pull don't push tip.