Friday, May 11, 2012

The Other Side . . .

Welcome to real life . . .   I love pinterest and bloghopping, but sometimes you wonder - does anyone actually LIVE in those spaces??  Everything is perfectly perfect.  This is not one of those posts, this is my moment of getting real -


I have a dirty little secret . . . this is my side of the closet.  Stop searching for the "after" pictures - there are none.  There was a point when this space was neatly arranged and garments were folded precisely and hung on coordinated hangers but that was a few (ok, quite a few) months back.  Scott's side of the closet is neat and orderly and I'm shocked that he hasn't evicted me.

This is the open dishwasher and the heaping recycling that needs to be taken out to the container.  Oh yes - that is the box from the meal that I fed my family last night. Guaranteed high in sodium and fat -  loaded with known carcinogens.  Did we dine with cloth napkins and a fresh salad - No.  We were all starving and stood over the skillet, scooping the food onto our paper plates.  Maren took one look at the picture on the box, and informed me that the food on her plate was not the same thing as the photograph.

The rest of the house doesn't look like the closet and I do cook from scratch - but things are definitely not magazine perfect.

Kudos to those women who can keep a perfect house (I know several of them).  For the rest of us - I have come "out of the closet" and given you a glimpse of the real me.  Whew!  I feel better.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for getting "real" with us! I am far from Pinterest Perfect...in fact I never will be, but I still like to dream and think that I could be! Lisa, you still amaze and inspire me!

Kylee said...

Great post! I love it!!!