Monday, August 9, 2010

Beep Beep, BEWARE!


So, we found ourselves taking a number at the DMV today where Sten took an itty bitty test allowing him the priviledge to "practice" drive. As we walked to the car, I had a difficult time passing off the keys but he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. I tried my best to keep comments to myself, but I will say smoothness is not his driving style as of yet.

I actually enjoyed my dreaded wait at the DMV. Unlike the doctor's office where they make it impossible to eavesdrop(thank you HIPPA), you hear every detail. One older man sideswiped a bicyclist (oops), another man was dealing with a suspended license due to a DUII, and an older woman was graciously turning in her license for good (brought a tear to my eye).

A quick observation: have you ever pulled into the DMV, looked at the semi-vacant parking lot and done a little cheer? Then, upon entering, been mystified that there is barely a seat available and your "number" will have you to the counter by next Tuesday? I wonder if people carpool to the DMV or do most people walk? It just doesn't compute.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Sten: please call us when you get behind the wheel so we can stay off the roads. Thank you.