Thursday, August 12, 2010

Paint Paint Paint

I am going to be taking some things to a show this next week, so I've been busy completing projects . . . if I show up at our church convention (also next week) with burlap scraps clinging to my clothes, mismatched shoes, and paint in my hair, please ignore.
Ok, this is strange - I completely agree. When the girls and I went on the "mannequin" Craigslist run and the man had them sitting on his porch, our "creep meter" skyrocketed. They've actually been quite entertaining and we may keep one around to scare unsuspecting guests, but the others are going to be beheaded and burlapped.

Finished product - not creepy, but classy.

A 16$ purchase at Habitat. This table has 3 leaves (don't look at the disaster in the background) and a cool leg design.

Paint - distress - stain treatment. Cute and cottage -ey

I'm a bit unsure about how this turned out. I love the design of the headboard (a 10$ purchase at Habitat), but it ended up being a little too shabby for my tastes - it would look awesome in the right room with shabby style bedding tho.

3 comments:

Didge said...

Fashionista idea #37: Put on your conv clothes at home, add a little brown paint, rub on some gold and then brush up against your new orbital sander (held by your lovely assistants of course) and voilá, shabby Lisa, all ready to go! Tip: don't allow sander to come in contact with skin, can be painful

who does the decapitating?

CabinFever said...

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a whirl. Maybe I'll use some camo paint and no one will recognize me. The decapitation process should have been on video. It involved me holding the mannequin very tightly in an upright position and Sten punching it several times with great glee.

Marla said...

Dress forms are the rage now days in lots of different areas of crafting!!