Monday, August 16, 2010

Off to La Grande (again)

The drive from La Grande, South towards Dayville and into Prineville is a beauty. Two points if you know where "Fox, Oregon" is. There's no run'n to Target for supplies out there and you'll be walking a LONG ways if you run out of gas- they are remote!


I really really really NEED this sign.

Multnomah Falls

Painting pro Milah - this room was painted a dark gray, so it took several coats to cover. Susie, Sten, and Sara went to La Grande earlier to do some painting, and this past weekend, Susie and I went over to finish the painting, put things away and decorate a bit.

Mr. Fix it - apparently Sten has a few home improvement tricks up his sleeve, so I think I'm going to be calling on his expertise.

Susie liked her bedroom that I painted back in December (even tho she never stays there), so she wanted a similar style in her new bedroom.


Susie's Dad, Chuck - making a closet. Her parents came for the day and experienced some mechanical failure on the way home - that's a horrendously expensive closet!
Gas to La Grande $300
Towtruck $486
New Distrubutor $700
One thing I've discovered after spending the weekend with tall folks is that I am stink'n short! Imagine hanging drywall, painting, and installing pictures without a ladder? No FAIR!
Roommate Kyle, mistakenly mentioned that he knew how to tape and mud drywall.

There is an adorable corner cupboard in the kitchen that was begging to be "accessorized". I have been grabbing "olive oil" things for years, so I guess Susie now has a Tuscan kitchen. Plates and bowls from Pier 1 imports. Everything else- Goodwill treasures.

Kyle was glad to have some furniture and said that this old empty house felt like "home" when we left.

No comments: