Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cricut Project

A few years back, Sten used these canvas boards for his artistic endeavors. I figured someday they might come in handy for a project . . .
I covered his sketches by painting the canvases white (bad mom).

Then I cut out the desired lettering on contact paper (from the $1 store) using the Cricut. The most tedious part was peeling the back off each of the letters - pain in the rumpus!

After the lettering was placed on the white canvas, I put a coat of paint over all and waited (impatiently) for it to dry. Using a needle - I carefully removed each of the letters, to reveal . . .

There was a little bleeding under the letters that I touched up with white paint. I used spray paint on the red one and brushed the gray one - the brushing technique worked better.

Apparently the brand, Adidas means - all day I dream about soccer. Fitting for Milah's room -

Although I like them, I will not be using this method to make signs for retail. They are tooooo time consuming.

No comments: