Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Ute

One thing I love about Katrina is she's a little bit car and a whole lot pickup. The former owner was a concrete inspector and he hauled a wheelbarrow in the back, so some fiberboard and foam insulation (recent bargains at Habitat) are nothin' new to her.
The boards were 97" long and they fit perfectly in the back of my "crummy." I have been decorating the windows of a florist shop in town and thought the lightweight foam boards would be perfect for display. I covered them with some bargain striped fabric from Wally World and it was the perfect "look" I was going for.
The picture is less than stellar but you get the drift. The hearts were cut from the fiberboard and were stenciled with a chevron and houndstooth pattern (and OF COURSE - distressed). I know "Me & You" is gramatically incorrect, but it was on purpose.
And the lettering on the outside of the window - compliments of Mr. Cricut.

No comments: