Thursday, January 5, 2012

Living Room

Nothing like a gathering of people at your house to get some projects completed! Several years ago, a friend gave me a set of classroom maps (the ones on the roll). I finally convinced my head laborer that they needed to go above the mantle for a bit. The kids think it is quite odd and Sten's friends commented that is just plain weird, but I love it (what do 16 yr old boys know anyway???).

In the dusty recesses of my mind, I recall the teacher grabbing a stick with the hook on the end and pulling the map down - whhhssssh. Then using the stick to tap tap tap places of interest.

Frequent guests will notice that we rearranged the living room. Seems that we NEVER sat in there and squished together on one couch and chair near the kitchen. We decided that our previous arrangement could stand a little improvement - come on over, we'll save you a seat!

If you look closely, you will see an unfinished project (besides the fireplace). Notice our sophisticated lighting under the loft - the bare bulbs hanging from a wire. There are 4 lights and I wanted to use a variety of galvanized pails or wire baskets for lighting, but just haven't got on that yet. Give me another 8 years . . .

No comments: