Monday, June 21, 2010

Creative Headboard

I'm sorry that the quality of these pictures is so poor - I was too lazy to scan them (it is nearly midnight). However, I wanted to give a certain reader some inspiration. This is simply an old door made into a headboard - isn't it adorable? I have saved this article since 2001 because I loved everything about this room. Notice the extra molding on the top of the door.

They even made small (I mean itsy bitsy) nightstands. I think I would make something a little more substantial - one sleepy swipe to hit the snooze button and that lamp would be on the floor (wait, there isn't even room for an alarm clock, a glass of water or a book).

This was also in my file and I still LOVE this idea. A galvanized (be still my heart) chicken nesting headboard. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for one of these puppies.

I have ripped ideas out of magazines for years and many of you probably have similar files. Do you ever flip through your idea binder and scratch your head wondering what you found so special about certain things? I think I've uttered the words, "what was I thinking?" or "that's hideous!"

6 comments:

Didge said...

hmmm..would that certain reader be me perhaps? No, we have not done our bedroom yet. Yes, our only decoration is our children's art from kindergarten. No, there have been no attempts at changing anything. Yes, I am very lame. Yes, I need your help! I think one of our kids needs to break a bone again and I need to have a newborn. Ha, just kidding.

CabinFever said...

No, I would never pester you. It is possible that you missed out on this certain gene that causes one to dream about paint colors and rusty metal, but don't cut yourself short.

You, my dear, are a language genius and you are a stink'n good cook too. As well as adorable, funny, and a superb and loving mommy, daughter, and wife (and sister). Pat yourelf on the back, Popeye - who cares if your wall are bare!

Amy said...

Those are darling! We are awaiting the arrival of our bed so we've got the right measurements, but it's all coming together! Thank you for the much needed inspiration and it may help inspire others too ;)

CabinFever said...

Glad I can help . . . post a pic of the finished product when you get everything done!

Didge said...

wow, didn't realize all of those compliments were coming my way..how fun, thanks! Thanks to Amy for soliciting deco advice from a pro

Michelle said...

Hey, I used a door for a headboard for a few years. Now I am not sure where it is? Hum! We got tons of compliments from it! =-)