Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yeah for Freebies!

SCREECH! That was the sound the car made when I slammed on the brakes after spotting this beauty near the road in the "free" area of a driveway. I knocked on the door and inquired if the old chair was up for the taking, and quickly slammed it in the back and headed down the road when the lady answered, "yes". It's use as a chair is expired, but it looks quite patriotic (and happy) by our front door. The paint was almost non-existent, so I slapped on some red and used the orbital sander (love that thing) to give it that weathered look. I considered selling it for just a few minutes, but I don't think I can part with this treasure.

Brand new yard ornament. Scott grabbed this out of a free pile yesterday. I guess you could call us "scroungers" - and our poor kids will be stuck getting rid of (or fighting over) all this junk someday.

2 comments:

shirleyjean said...

Ok no fare I was just asking for one of those bikes? hmm Maybe he can find one for his poor ol Mother-in-law.

Melody said...

love the bike AND the chair. What finds you find, Lisa :) I wonder if my Dad would ever part with his bike?hmmmm, might have to ask him. I had a chance to get one of these bikes in pretty good shape at a garage sale last year & didn't buy it. Had basket in front, thought flowers in it, leaned up against cherry tree would be cute yard art. Didn't get it. Shouldn't have passed it up I guess.