Saturday, June 5, 2010

Going to Gramma's

Early this morning, we did a kid-switcheroo as all three munchkins went to spend the weekend with grandma/grandpa. I left with tears streaming down my cheeks and their poor little faces were pressed against the windows in angst as Dad rolled out of the parking lot. some facts in this story have been modified to protect the innocent

Scott and I then worked in an ice cream booth at a local fair as a benefit for the girl's school. This particular booth is known for it's enormous portions - a single scoop is about 5 large scoops of creamy deliciousness. There are no unsatisfied customers - everyone leaves with a big grin on their face, and people throughout the fair inquire about the whereabouts of such a generous cone. It is a thrill to give people their money's worth, plus more - they leave giddy and amazed. Next time, I'm going to bring my camera to capture the delight - I think ice cream brings out the kid in all of us.

No comments: