Friday, June 18, 2010

Not for the OCD crowd

Well, we hit an all time low in bargain shopping today. Upon a friend's suggestion, we (Susie and I) went to a Goodwill Outlet store. Instead of neatly organized racks and shelves, all merchandise is placed in these shallow bins, and wheeled out to the sales floor for customers to paw through. Pricing is per pound except for larger items such as furniture. We noticed that the "regulars" wear gloves as they scavenge in the bins. An announcement is made when they will be clearing out a row of bins. Then eager customers line up anticipating the bargains when the new bins are brought in, grabbing and storing their wares underneath blankets in their carts. We've pretty much ruled out ever going there again. Our very next stop was at a car wash where we payed 8$, parked our vehicle and walked through several times so we could rinse off the filth. I'm still itching - icky icky ucky ucky!

5 comments:

jessica said...

gloves??!!!! that is disgusting!!

shirleyjean said...

You are sure a couple of wimps. Now you don't know what was at the very bottom of those bins. You know you can buy gloves that go up to your shoulders.
Pat Bash and I went there "1" time.

Amy said...

If it's the one I'm think of...it is pretty nasty! And hand sanitizer just doesn't cut it!

Didge said...

I will never go there with you. But I will wait in the car while you shop. The word verification on this comment is pestus, which just about sums up my thoughts on the matter.

Twila said...

I agree! I went to one once and I think I used up a whole container of hand sanitizer!!