Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer Color

Why oh why must you munch on my flowers, please tell me Dear? or Deer? Go dine elsewhere, please - we are not accepting reservations at this time.

Due to this pesky deer issue, I look forward to planting the deck pots with delectable deer appetizers such as petunias, lobelia, geraniums, and other yummy annuals. "Look forward" is a bit of an understatement - I dream, scheme, plan, shop with glee and plant with anticipation. I am an impatient gardener and wish that I could step out tomorrow and it would be as full and beautiful as it is in the middle of July.

Our weather has been positively nasty - apparently we had more rain in one 24 hr period than we usually get for the entire month of June. Our rain gauge runneth over and over and over. Due to all this precipitation, I haven't been too eager to shop or plant flowers, but a promise of sunshine today had me seeking out some nurseries. In my haste to plant - I grabbed a trusty slotted spoon from the silverware drawer. No worries, I'll wash it real good before Sunday dinner.

Once upon a time, mi madre gave this to me for my bday (a handy little dude)- I'm usually certain to fertilize once a week, but I'm going to try a little more often this summer -

1 comment:

Amy said...

(((love))) the lights and wish we had a place to display them! Bummer about the deer...maybe a doe or buck harvest this summer/fall will be worth it!